1. Always use a preprinted rental application whether it is our generic form or a special company printed form.
2. Full Name: Should include first, middle and last names and any generation, such as Jr, Sr, etc. Include all
nicknames and aliases previously used. Do this for all persons to occupy the property. Check to make sure that the drivers license, pay-stub, social security information match up.
3. Date of Birth: Obtain a birth date for each person and likewise verify the with IDCheck or Credit Report.
4. Driver license Number and State: Know what a valid license looks like and examine the driver license for genuineness. Be sure to check the full name, the address, the date of birth, the driver license number, the signature and most of all, the
picture. Compare all these items with the data on the rental application form
and with the physicality of the applicant. Also IDCheck will verify the
applicants drivers license number and state of issuance.
5. Employment History: Get the business's name, supervisor's name, phone number and business
address. Ask for copies of applicants pay stubs. Confirm and cross-reference all information with original application. If the prospective tenant is self-employed, ask for copies of tax returns. IDCheck may provide the name & date of Employement.
6.Reference Verification:Have at least three references of persons who know the applicant for a minimum of three years. Make
sure the references are checked and confirmed. Although most references will not say something bad about applicant, references can be used as good sources for skip tracing should it be needed later.
7. Landlord History & Movement Patterns: Get the names, addresses and telephone numbers of last three
Landlords. It is important to check present and prior landlords, however our professional screeners our careful as present landlord may not provide negative information in order to get rid of problem applicant. ID Check also reports all
addresses on file for applicant for the last 10 years.
To see the rest of the article you can go to http://www.verifytenant.com/Documents/TenantTIPS.pdf